Saturday, August 25, 2012

Self Introduction

 

Aloha, my name is Kaleo Keliikoa. My favorite gadget is my laptop. I use it daily for various things like school work, e-mail, Laulima, STAR degree check, research, writing essays for scholarships and to get into my online Education classes. I also use my laptop to check my daily planner to keep me organized and not to forget any papers due for school or events I've planned to attend and other things that I might need to be reminded about. With my laptop I also keep up on current events and news concerning Hawai`i and the world. I also like using my laptop to check on my facebook page to stay in touch with friends and family living in Hawai`i and throughout the world. Laptops that are connected to the world wide web is great way to explore the various things out there without leaving the comfort of my house and the many features it offers me makes my laptop my favorite techno gadget.
 
I'm a student of life and I enjoy learning new things, meeting new people, and getting things done in a correctly and efficiently. All I can bring to the table is myself and my enthusiasim to succeed in everything I do. I'll be looking forward to working with fellow students taking this course in future online group projects.
 
Here's a clip I found about Allison Levy, a 3rd grade teacher in Brooklyn, NY. She intergrates technology into her curriculum whenever possible to make learning more exciting for her students. She uses a computer as her intergraded technological tool in three main ways, a teaching tool, for  cooperative group work and as a presentation tool. She truly believes that by intergrating new technology into her classroom helps her students to learn and so do I. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLRlRIV-alE&feature=related
 

No comments:

Post a Comment